Work For Us
We’re currently looking to fill the following positions. If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and a copy of your CV. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to offer feedback if your application is not shortlisted for interview.
Control Systems Engineer
We are seeking a creative and exceptional Control Systems Engineer to join a small results-driven R&D team working at pace to develop systems to replace fossil fuels. Their responsibilities will include designing, implementing, testing, and making repairs to process control systems and ensuring our systems are running effectively and efficiently.
Location: Hardwicke, Gloucester. This role is based at Wild Hydrogen HQ in Hardwicke, Gloucester. Some travel may be required.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Salary dependent on experience
- Knowledge of coding language: proficiency in coding languages to develop and maintain control systems
- Knowledge of automation: implement automation solutions to optimise processes
- Managing and maintenance: oversee and maintain bespoke hardware and software systems
- Training: ability to train team members in process control and automation
- Design using microprocessors
- A to D and D to A convertors
- Fault finding electrical circuits
- Soldering skills
- Analog design useful
- Interconnection of many inputs from individual sensor level up to rack-mounted instruments using multiple communication protocols
- Data capture from sensors and instruments
- Control loop from sensors and instruments to actuators, actuators include electric motors, gas valves, heating elements, hydraulic valves etc.
- Presentation of data using slideshows and spreadsheets
Essential experience required:
- Graduate in relevant subject as a minimum
- Proven commercial experience.
- Digital Control Loops essential, Analog Control Loops useful
- Design and hands-on build of bespoke hardware and software systems
- Writing of functional specifications for control systems
- Working with third-party suppliers and manufacturers
- Ability to present technical data to be understood by layperson
Desired programme experience in:
- Gas flow control systems
- Chemical engineering system control
- Working in an R&D environment
Company benefits / About the company:
- Flexible working hours: Work 8 hours between 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday, with flexibility available upon request
- Company ‘baker days’: Enjoy fun and insightful days off-site; previous activities have included e-biking adventures in the Cotswolds
- Access to company e-bikes for commuting or leisure use
- Free parking on-site at Wild Hydrogen HQ
- Holiday allowance: 29 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Take your birthday off as an extra day of leave
- Future potential for share options/equity in business
Become part of the team
As a fast-growing company, we’re always looking to expand and opportunities can become available very quickly. If there are no suitable roles listed above, but you feel you would be a good fit then you’re welcome to email us with a copy of your CV to email@example.com.